Sunday, July 6, 2008

Falling back again...

Sometimes, we live thinking that if we just ignore God for a while, that he wont find us again. And like the last time, He shows us that we are STILL nothing without him. As i grow older, i find myself caught up in the "now", soaking up every teenage experience that i possibly can (nothing illegal, have no fear :0) ). And in the thrill of it all, sometimes i forget what a gift it is to BE a daughter of the king; at peace, resting on his chest, breathing in His breath. You forget what a treasure it is. My life is filthy rags, and as always, i find that i have nothing in and of myself of true value but his light. God, you are SO merciful... i am constantly reminded of how important it is to have such great and mature leaders that can show me that there is SO much more to this life than the way everyone else is living it. God, make me broken. Lord, if it means that every time i fall, i fall harder, than so be it. If it brings me closer to you, i would live though anything... there is nothing sweeter

3 comments:

Nadine said...

What beautiful words - to live for the King. I love your heart.

Helen said...

so can you and your mom and sister come on Thurs to visit and do lunch? That would be fun!

Lynda Meyers said...

your amazing and tender heart constantly blesses mine... I love you always!